Promotion of cultural and creative industries
The Program "Promotion of cultural and creative industries" is conceived as an operational model in which cultural production, given its potential to create wealth and employment, is understood as an instrument for development.
It aims at strengthening the role of artists, creators and cultural agents through a set of activities, including awareness-raising, training and specialized advice.
It provides the means to ensure that cultural entrepreneurial projects are not only profitable and sustainable but also sources of development and productivity that, ultimately, benefit the communities in which they are set.
With the support of the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation towards Development (AECID), Interarts has carried out different projects, always in partnership with local agents, in the framework of its FOMECC Program.
FOMECC is based on two fundamental principles
· The explicit acknowledgment that culture offers an incentive for social and economic development, of people and countries.
· The potential of the cultural and creative industries to foster cultural diversity.
· To promote, by encouraging and strengthening cultural and creative industries, the social and economic development of the arts and culture sector.
· To provide the opportunities for professional networking, business contactsand productive alliances for cultural and creative entrepreneurs.
· To increase the number of entrepreneurial projects which develop into cultural and / or creative businesses.
· To strengthen the professional skills of the creative and cultural sector.
· To systematize information and improve knowledge on the structure and features of the cultural and creative business sector.